Already at the turn of the century, Terazije began to be profiled as a favourite area for the construction of monumental buildings according to the European model, and thus at that time a whole series of magnificent structures
Igumanov Building (Igumanov Palace) is located in Belgrade, in the city municipality of Stari Grad. Built in 1938, it is included in the list of cultural assets of the city of Belgrade.
One of the most significant buildings in Belgrade from a cultural and architectural point of view is the former telephone exchange building, since it was built in a style that before the First World War
Another building that was inspired by the “Serbian Secession”, i.e. the response of Serbian art and architecture to the Secession that flourished in Europe, and especially on the borders of Serbia, in Vojvodina
It is known that Prince Mihailo Obrenović was a great supporter of the Europeanisation of the Principality of Serbia and that he saw himself as a kind of Serbian Peter the Great
The Endowment (Foundation) of Ilija M. Kolarac, also known as the Kolarac (People’s) University, was built on the order of the rich merchant Ilija Milosavljević Kolarac.
As Serbia gained independence at the Congress of Berlin in 1878, it became clear that all the attributes of an internationally recognised state must be possessed, or if already possessed, must be improved.
The Palace Albania or The Albania Palace (Serbian: Albanija, hence sometimes “Albanija Palace”) is the first skyscraper in Serbia and the Kingdom of Yugoslavia, built according to the standards of the time, according to which a tall landmark was built at border locations between streets.
The House of the National Assembly, the seat of the National Assembly of Serbia, was built on land bounded by Takovska Street, Nikole Pašića Square and Vlajkovićeva Street, in the immediate vicinity of the Old and New Royal Courts and the Royal Garden
The building of the Ministry of Finance of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia, which today houses the Government of Serbia, is located at Kneza Miloša Street 22.
The Palace of the Main Post Office is located in the center of Belgrade and the monumental building has the address Takovska Street 2. The corner building is located across from the Czech Embassy on one side.
Built between 1829 and 1830, it is a representative example of civic architecture of the first half of the 19th century in Belgrade, and is an example of the Balkan style and what Belgrade looked like 200 years ago.
The White Palace (Serbian: Beli Dvor) is the Serbian royal palace located in Belgrade. It is part of the Royal Compound, a complex of royal residences and green areas located in the Dedinje district, one of the most populated parts of the Serbian capital..
Stari dvor (lit. Old Palace) is a palace located in Belgrade, in the city municipality of Stari grad. The former royal residence of the Obrenović and Karađorđević dynasties, is today included in the list of cultural properties of the city of Belgrade due to its architectural and historical value.
The New Palace (Serbian: Novi Dvor) was built as a new residence of the Karađorđević dynasty, and it is the last building built in the building complex of the court complex on Terazije.
The residence of Prince Miloš or Miloš’s residence is another in a line of konaks of the first Serbian prince, but this one is located in the forest near Belgrade.