The Vrnjačka Banja emblematic building is certainly Villa Belimarković, today the town’s Culture Castle, with its fascinating architecture resembling the castles of Russian nobles in Crimea or British aristocrats.
On the slopes of the mountain Gučevo, outside the central part of Banja Koviljača, there is Villa Gučevo, which is aptly named, since it was then far from others, except for Villa of Dr. Petrovic , which is in the immediate vicinity.
High up in the hills, at the crossroads that leads on one side to the sports courts, and on the other toward a whole array of villas, there is, on a hill, Villa Ankica.
This villa was built on an elevated plateau in the central spa zone, on a plot that was once cascading and landscaped park. It is located directly opposite Villa Ankica which is located on a hill across the road.
One century ago, one of Serbia’s greatest allies was Great Britain, that is, the United Kingdom. One of the symbols of the great connection between the two war partners in the First World War was the sending of medical staff and nurses from Britain to Serbia.
Villa “Dom Vujića” really belongs to Vujić family, and is located in a hidden corner of Banja Koviljača, practically connecting two streets full of villas on a hill in the central part of the spa. It was built in 1911 and changed owners, and it was also built in stages. In the original plan, it is ownedby “Danica, the wife of ŽivojinJovanović, a machinist in Banja Koviljača”, and the engineer Drag.
The name and architecture of the building come from the German language, from Vienna, since King Alexander I wanted to imitate the Viennese Kursalon (in German and French “Salon for treatment (cure)”).
Dr. Petrović’s villa represents one of the most beautiful villas outside the park in Banja Koviljaca.
With the exception of Kur Salon, dominating the central Spa Park, the most representative and luxurious villa of Banja Koviljača.
Villa Katarina is located on a hillock above the City Park where Kur Salon is located, and is one of the most elegant in Banja Koviljača.
Villa Sunčica also used to have letters on the facade, in Cyrillic art-deco font, but they were lost in the renovations after the war.
The villa called Zdravlje (“Health”) was not a family villa, as it is too big for that purpose. It was built for the needs of Dr. Živan Jakšić, who was the first manager of the hospital in Loznica and a doctor of the Banja Koviljača Administration.
This cultural monument, as an example of typical spa academic construction, due to its architectural values, is a significant achievement in the heritage of Serbian spas.
The most beautiful architectural work on Zlatibor is without a doubt the villa on Palisad, which, regardless of the well-known name, was not built for the former Yugoslav president.
The building of the Museum of Naïve and Marginal Art in Jagodina or shortened, the Museum of Naïve Art, is one of the most impressive buildings in Jagodina and since 1988 it has been under state protection as an immovable property, i.e. a cultural monument.
There are two villas on Oplenac, one for the queen’s holiday and the other for the king’s holiday. Both were built for the needs of the Karađorđević royal family.
House at 10 Jovana Kursule Street in Ćuprija was built in the 1930s for Dr. Živojin-Žika Popović, who was then the director of the Ćuprija hospital and a member of the city council.
The building located at 45 Branka Krsmanovića Street in Paraćin was built in 1926 for the family of engineer Predrag Nikolić, co-founder and co-owner of the textile factory Braća Teokarević.
The old pharmacy was built in the period from 1899 to 1900, for Aca and Pera Despić from Vienna, who were then tenants of the Krupanj mines. The Despićs used the house as a villa when they stayed here.
Villa Kleefisch in Jagodina was built in the 1930s to serve as a family residence for Theodor Kleefisch, who owned a factory in the food industry field that would later become Meat Industry Juhor.
Interestingly, in September 1914, at the height of the First World War, King Peter chose a place between Mali Oplenac and Veliki Oplenac for the location of his villa.
Tucović Villa in Valjevo is located at 15 Pop Lukina Street, and was built in 1927 according to the plans of engineer Pavle Aleksić for the daughter of Duke Živojin Mišić Eleonora (Ela).
Villa Avala in Vrnjačka Banja is located at 16Vrnjačka Street, in the centre of the city spa on Promenade (“Šetalište”), on the left bank of the Vrnjačka River.
The Postal Home is located in Vrnjačka Banja and represents an immovable cultural asset as a cultural monument. It was built in 1937 with funds from the Lazar and Anka Stojadinović Endowment Fund as a Sanatorium for the recovery of postal workers.
Villa Palace in Vrnjačka Banja is located at 7 Goce Delčeva Street and was built between 1924 and 1926 for Natalija Petrović, nicknamed Talka.
The engineer named the villa “Mi-La”, which was written in a stylized musical notation on the main facade, out of love for his wife Mila and her taste and love for music and song.
In the heart of Šumadija, without any explanation or announcement, the traveller encounters a large castle that is echoing abandoned and decaying.
In the area of the Memorial Park “Šumarice” in Kragujevac, tucked away in the forest, there is a villa that is steadily crumbling.
The small Šumadija village of Gornja Crnuća near Gornji Milanovac can be considered the first capital of the Principality of Serbia at the time of Prince Miloš Obrenović, during a short period of time.
Bukovik suddenly became popular among tourists when the benefits of mineral hot baths were popularized, and the vigorous construction of spa facilities within Bukovička Banja limits began.
Villa Karadžić, built in the 1930s, was designed by architect Andrej Papkov, a Russian emigrant. It was named after the first owner, Karadžić, who was the director of the National Theatre in Niš.
The first Karađorđević who decided to return to the homeland of his heroic ancestor Karađorđe, Oplenac, in terms of construction, was King Peter I. His house, due to the king’s simple character, is often called simply “Peter’s house”.
One of the most beautiful castles in Serbia is the “Old Edifice” in Aranđelovac, and along with the “Captain Miša’s Mansion”, it was considered the most beautiful building in the Principality of Serbia.